“On the Tenth Day of Wishing,
I need to clean my sewing machine.”
And when you go to do so, are you frustrated with the screwdrivers that came with your machine? I have never found a screwdriver that came with a machine that actually fit under the head of the machine so you could get the torque needed to easily remove the throat plate. Some machines come with a coin-shaped screwdriver, and they are impossible to get a grip of to manipulate to turn. Yet, you should be removing your sewing machine’s throat plate regularly and cleaning out the build-up of dust, fibers, and threads that accumulate in and around your feed dogs and bobbin area. It should be done much more regularly than at an annual machine servicing.
This little screwdriver is perfect for this job. It can fit under the machine head, and has a regular-size flathead driver for unscrewing the throat plate.
- Handle is ¾” long.
- Comes on a keychain and is available in blue or purple.
“I could use a pair of thread snips at my sewing machine.”
It is much faster to use a spring-loaded thread snip than a small pair of scissors for cutting your threads.
- Approximately 5 ¼” long.
- Super sharp stainless steel blades.
- Soft-grip ergonomic handle.
- Comes with a protective cap that accommodates a lanyard (not included).
- Available in neon colours of green, orange, or pink.
- Gets the thumbs-up approval of Linda B. who loves her pair.
Taking care of the details at the sewing machine,
(Bet you never thought you’d be putting a screwdriver on your wishlist.)
The fine print:
- Click on the item’s picture to find it on the webstore.
- All prices referred to are in Canadian dollars.
- We happily ship world-wide.
- Quantities are limited of some of our products. Early shopping = happy faces.
- Sorry, no holds on featured products without payment.