“On the Third Day of Wishing
“I’d love a place for my rulers”
Don’t let your sewing room get unruly! Take charge and get those rulers and acrylic templates standing on guard, ready for action.
- Oak ruler holder has 9 grooves.
- 19” X 7 ½”.
- Hold lots of rulers.
- Lessens chance that ruler corners will be broken.
- Found on-line at: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Store_id=487&page_id=23&Item_ID=10060
“I want to do some baking”
Here’s a chance to make cut cookies that are dear to your heart.
- Single cookie cutter in shape of sewing machine measures approximately 5”.
- Comes with recipe for sugar cookies and frosting.
- Found on-line at: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Store_id=487&page_id=23&Item_ID=10064
- The set of 4 cookie cutters includes sewing machine, thread spool, thimble, and scissors.
- Largest measures approximately 3”.
- Tin-plated steel.
- $15.49 for set.
- Found on-line at: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Store_id=487&page_id=23&Item_ID=10063
These would make wonderful gifts for guild friends, sewing buddies, or yourself. Next guild meeting you could bring in a plate of treats that’s just perfect for the occasion.
As a treat for you, here’s Grandma Ohm’s sugar cookie recipe courtesy of Leslie. If Grandma Ohm was still here to enjoy these, she’d be 120 years young.
Mix together and set aside:
- 3 ¼ cups of flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup of margarine
- 1 cup of sugar
Mix with sugar/margarine mix:
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla or ½ tsp. nutmeg
Add ½ cup sour cream.
Add dry ingredients to moist ingredients. Roll out to ½” thickness. Bake in pre-heated oven at 350°F until light golden. Let cool and frost. (Alternatively, you can sprinkle with sugar before placing in oven.)
Linda the new Cookie Monster
“Cookie Monster, who?”
“Cookie Monster who’s blue, cause Sesame Street, says, “No more cookies for you!” (Will he be changing his name to Salad Monster?)