We’ve missed your smiling faces! But while we haven’t been able to see you in the store, you’ve kept us very busy these past few months with curbside pickup and mail orders. It’s been a real team effort of the staff to operate with the changes, and your support, patience, and encouragement have been greatly appreciated!
Thankfully, the active COVID-19 virus infection rate has decreased and stayed at lower levels for a month now. Therefore, we feel comfortable opening our doors to walk-in customers. Being mindful of the need to maintain distancing and for the health and safety of our staff and customers, we are instituting some operating procedures:
- Just knock or phone when you arrive. We will unlock the door for you.
- There is a limit of 5 people in the store at a time on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointments. If more than 5 people are present, you will need to wait outside for entrance. Please bring patience with you, and if you forgot it at home, please come back another day with it. Keep in mind, that we are always busier in the am than the pm, so later in the afternoon may be a better time.
- As there are limits on the number of people in the store, I kindly ask that you bring only yourself to shop. Family members may want to catch an ice cream at Village Ice Cream in nearby Britannia (no, I am not affiliated, even though I wear salted caramel on my hips).
- It is vital that staff and customers are able to work and shop in as safe an environment as possible. Therefore, you must not enter the store if you answer “yes” to any of the health and exposure screening questions we will have posted at the entrance table.
- When you enter, you must liberally apply hand sanitizer before proceeding into the store – even if you are wearing gloves. We also have hand sanitizer stationed at the payment machine. I bought the industrial tub; it’s mostly alcohol, so live it up and use it.
- Masks must be worn covering your face during your entire visit. If you do not have a mask, we will gladly provide you with one for $1 each (to be added to your chit).
- Your personal items and bags must be kept on designated tables only (including fabrics and quilts) and not moved into the store or placed on our cutting tables. Fabrics can then be taken to your items on the table – without allowing them to touch.
- Please keep 6 feet away from other customers and staff when possible. We have marked your standing point/distance when having items cut at the 3 open cutting tables.
- Payment must be made with debit or credit cards.
- Our operating hours never changed, and we remain open 7 days per week:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 10 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 10 am – 7 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10 am – 4 pm
Many of you love curbside pickup and mail order, and we are happy to continue to provide these services to you.
Opening with limited customers is new way of doing business for us, and we may make improvements as we experience this new phase. Let’s see how this works!
We look forward to seeing you,
Along Came Quilting
6432 – 1A Street SW
Calgary, AB T2H 0G6