- Hobbs Tuscany Silk Batting is soft and supple, quilts magnificently by hand or machine, and drapes like no other batting. The luxurious feel and lightweight nature of this batting is ideal for both quilts and garments.
- Hobbs Tuscany Silk Batting breathes naturally, making it an excellent choice for airy, lightweight quilts and coverlets, and while it's a cool quilt, it can also provide excellent warmth.
- Hobbs Tuscany Silk Batting is a blend of 90% very fine imported silk filaments and 10% fine polyester, ingredients which are carded and bonded to help retard bearding and fiber migration. And, unlike other silk battings, this batting doesn’t need to be handled with gloves or encased in cheesecloth.
- We suggest washing items made with Hobbs Tuscany Silk Batting by hand, or by machine using a delicate cycle and cool water, with no heavy agitation or spinning. Be especially cautious with front loading washers as the intense spin cycle on these machines can be very hard on quilts. To dry items made with this batting, you may place the washed quilt in a cool dryer for 5-10 minutes to start the drying process, but the quilt should then be air-dryed.
- You may experience shrinkage of 3-5% and it may be quilted up to 4” apart. For more detailed washing information, please see the care instructions on the product packaging.
- Pre-washing is not recommended for this batting or any of our other quality batting products.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.