"Often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."Helen Keller
How wonderful that our COVID-19 infection rate has plummeted and many Albertans have been vaccinated! With the lifting of provincial and municipal restrictions we have changed a few of our operating procedures:
- The door is no longer locked and there is no limit on the number of customers in the store.
- Masks are now voluntary for both customers and staff. However, I strongly encourage you to still wear a mask as the COVID-19 virus is still around and this is a simple way for you to help prevent not catching or spreading it, or any other virus or infection.
- We ask that you please still consider sanitizing your hands when you enter. I must say, this simple act helps cut down on the spread of any virus or bacteria. The last 15 months without any cold or flu among our staff has been wonderful.
- We are eliminating the designated tables for customer's personal belongings.
- We will continue with the distanced payment table and our disinfecting and sanitizing regime.
- For the meantime, we will continue to not take cash transactions. Again, as the virus is still in the community, and since cash is never cleaned, we won't be using it at this time. I'm sure that at some point we will resume doing so. Remember, we can take debit and prepaid credit cards.
Some of you have been inquiring about classes. Our business evolved greatly over the past 15 months resulting in an increase in our administrative staff. The meeting room is now occupied by 3 staff members, extra cutting stations, and inventory overflow. The genie granted our wishes, we fed him well, and now he doesn't fit in the bottle!
Until we can solve our space constraints, we will not be offering in-store classes. When this happens, we'll be sure to let you know.
Many of you discovered our online shopping these past months. We are continuing to develop our online store, and are happy to continue providing curbside and in-store pickup, as well as mail delivery.
If you have any further questions, please contact us during business hours at 1-877-745-6445 or locally at 403-253-4419.
Wishing everyone a great summer!