Note: This product is not a stocked item; however, we can order it for you.
Aurifil Long-Staple Egyptian Mako Cotton Thread - 12 weight, 2-ply, 50 m (54 yd.) spool.
Aurifil’s 12wt cotton thread is produced in all 270 colours, and is wound on a red spool. It is the heaviest weight thread Aurifil offers, and is perfect for hand appliqué, hand embroidery, hand quilting, cross stitch, embellishment, handmade lace, machine appliqué, blanket stitch, machine embroidery (especially for designs that use a longer stitch length), machine art quilting, sashiko, redwork, lower loop serging, and longarm quilting.
- Domestic Machines: Size 90/14 or 100/16
- Topstitch Needle (40wt in the bobbin)
- Longarm: 4.5 (28wt in the bobbin)
- When using 12wt thread in your machine, it is recommended to use a much thinner thread in the bobbin, such as a 40wt.
- When using a 12wt thread in your longarm machine, quilt slowly, using a longer stitch and silicone conditioner when necessary.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.