Are you joining the Sarah Fielke Big Woods Block of the Month running August 2024 to July 2025? If you plan on participating and wish to use the same fabrics, this is the Tula Pink fabric pack for the quilt.
- Fabrics are from Tula Pinks' Besties, True Colors, Pint-Sized Prints, and Solids collections.
- Fabric pack contains over 64 pieces of fabrics totaling 14.63 m (16 yards) for the quilt top and binding.
- Backing is not included. Recommended backing is 108" Wide Cotton Candy Fairy Dust (2.1m).
- Finished Quilt Size is approx. 70" X 96".
- Technique: Piecing, Appliqué (Sarah teaches hand appliqué; but you can choose to use another method.)
- This fabric pack exceeds our $225 free shipping threshold, and therefore, shipping is free within Canada. 😁
Watch the quilt market video for lots of information!
Sarah Fielke is an award-winning quilt designer from Sydney, Australia. In her 25 years in the quilting industry, her seven best-selling quilt books have sold over 200,000 copies worldwide and have been translated into 5 languages. Her first book, Material Obsession, is widely described as having been at the forefront of the Modern Quilting movement and is a staple in many Quilter’s libraries. Sarah’s quilts have roots in both modern and traditional quilting, making her whimsical quilts a firm favorite with quilters new and old. She describes her quilts as “contemporary traditional.” Sarah’s popular yearly Block of the Month programs are available as pattern books, featuring quilt designs such as Down the Rabbit Hole and Coming Home. Sarah has been teaching quilting for 25 years and also teaches online at Craftsy.com as well as on-demand classes on her own website. She has designed fabric for Lecien and Windham Fabrics, has several thread collections for Aurifil Thread, and is the designer of the 2023 Block of the Month program for The Quilt Show, Homeward Bound.
How to Participate
Customers enroll for the digital subscription to the Big Woods block of the month on Sarah Fielke's website. The pattern is not available to retail stores at this time. Along Came Quilting cannot obtain the pattern for you and is not involved with this BOM pattern program. It is designed and completely written, controlled, and handled by Sarah Fielke.
The subscription includes:
- A digital pattern each month for 12 months.
- Digital templates you can download each month.
- A video tutorial featuring Sarah and Tula each month for 12 months.
- These are able to be viewed at Sarah Fielke's website once it is launched.
- The pattern can be downloaded, saved to your computers, and/or printed.
- All templates will be at full size (some may need to be tiled or taped together), and there will be a layout diagram for each animal.
- The videos cannot be saved from the website but can be watched on demand whenever you wish.
- You retain access to the BOM program for the foreseeable future. You do not lose access when the program ends.
The subscription becomes available for purchase on April 1, 2024. The first set of patterns instructions will be made available on August 1, 2024. Each month you will have access via the BOM website to a NEW section of the BIG WOODS digital pattern and NEW corresponding video instruction. Pattern and video instructions are only accessible online through Sarah Fielke’s BIG WOODS portal.
The subscription is available to purchase on a month-by-month basis or upfront in total at a cost of $6.67USD or $80USD, respectively. Regardless of method however, the patterns will only be available on a monthly basis; it will not be available as a complete pattern book until the end of the 12-month program.
Once you set-up your account and log into the Sarah Fielke website, there will be a coloring sheet, material requirements, key BOM dates, and other little bits and pieces to keep you engaged and excited before the program begins.
There will also be a link to join Sarah Fielke Quilts Facebook group. Anyone making a Sarah Fielke quilt is in this group. As a member of this group you will have access to what other quilters are creating from Sarah’s programs, thus inspiring your own creativity and adding to the excitement for BIG WOODS.
This is a preorder and prepay item. Order today and we will ship it to you as soon as we receive it. Fabric pack is expected to arrive in July/August 2024, however delays can occur due to circumstances beyond our control.
Please place a separate order for this item from any in-stock items. Thank you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.