- We will not ship this item between November and March, due to risk of freezing.
- Retayne is a color fixative for commercially dyed cotton fabrics or clothing to prevent color bleeding during washing. It "sets" the dye in the fabric.
- Soak fabrics in washing machine or basin in Retayne before washing them for the first time. Use 1 tsp. per yard of fabric in a HOT (at least 140 degrees F) soak for 20-30 minutes, with enough water to cover the fabric. Follow with a rinse. One treatment is usually sufficient to prevent further bleeding, but you can check rinse water for further dye release.
- This product should be used BEFORE cutting the fabric for your quilt or project - not afterwards. If you experience bleeding of your quilt or project after completion, you should use Synthrapol to remove excess dye molecules.
- Not recommended for energy efficient front loading or top loading machines.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.