- Do you love bright, geometric quilt designs but wonder how to get such sharp points and accurate piecing? English paper piecing is the answer and this collection shows you how to sew your own patchwork projects even if you've never made a quilt before.
- English paper piecing (EPP) is a traditional patchwork technique which uses hexagon-shaped paper templates which are pieced together by hand sewing rather than machine piecing. This process of hand piecing is both mindful and calming and the fact that it doesn't rely on a sewing machine makes EPP the perfect sofa sewing project that can be done while relaxing in front of your favorite TV show or while socializing with friends.
- Jenny Jackson is an expert in EPP and has been demonstrating the technique and showcasing her patterns on TV craft channels and magazines for a number of years. She has created this collection of techniques and patterns for modern EPP projects for the home including some really striking, large quilts.
- Jenny holds your hand through the EPP process so, even if you've never tried it before, you can complete projects to be proud of. Even if you already have some experience with EPP, Jenny shares her tips and tricks for quicker and sharper results so you can improve your skills.
- There are 18 projects for the home in a variety of sizes so you can build up to a full-sized quilt but you can also dip in and out of some smaller projects such as coasters, wall hangings and cushions while you hone your skills.
- The projects include repeats of EPP patterns and blocks as well as how to use EPP blocks and rosettes as appliqué within quilts and other projects.
- It’s not just about the hexagon either: Jenny’s geometric designs feature 20 different paper pieced templates including diamonds, octagons and even curved shapes for really exciting results. These sheets can be photocopied to give you multiple templates, fast.
- You can even flex your own creative muscle with the coloring pages included for every project so you can experiment with your own color combinations to make your own unique designs.
- Softcover, 128 pages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.