- SERAFLEX by Mettler is the perfect sewing thread for highly elastic seams for stretch fabrics. Due to its innovative raw material PTT (Polytrimethylenterephthalat - 37% renewable raw material), an elongation of approx. 65% is achieved, making all seams highly elastic.
- Due to its extremely elastic properties, SERAFLEX is primarily used for construction or repair of clothing made with stretch fabrics such as outerwear, sportswear, leisurewear, lingerie, and underwear. It is chlorine resistant, making it the perfect choice for swimwear.
- This thread is recommended for straight stitch seams only at medium speed. It should be used in both the needle and bobbin, with the top thread tension adjusted to “as much as necessary, as little as possible” (i.e., as loose as possible). The bobbin thread should also be wound with as little thread tension as possible to prevent the thread from stretching beforehand (watch all videos for tips).
- Recommended needle size: 70 or 80 Stretch or Jersey
- This is not the thick elastic thread you may have used in the past! This is a recent thread on the market, and we recommend watching the videos to gain a better understanding of it.
- 72 colours available in 130m spools. Click here for color card.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.