- Quiltmania is excited to announce the launch of Sue Ross’s first book! A prolific and visionary quilter, Sue has created 14 pictorial quilts of unparalleled imagination and beauty.
- Sue Ross has a style that is recognizable immediately. Although a traditionalist at heart, she combines her love of color found in modern and contemporary art and artefacts with classic patterns and blocks. Sue dares with her unusual color, and wildly varied fabric, combinations.
- The results are quilts composed of Churn Dashes, 8-Point Stars, Dahlias, Ohio Stars, Orphan blocks, Propellers, French Stars…in plaids, old toiles, Madras prints, Jouy prints, reproduction florals, leopard prints and contemporary fabrics! For those who love trying their hand at multiple techniques, Sue’s book is a feast for those who love English Paper Piecing, appliqué, fussy cutting and Broderie Perse.
- Complete with full-size patterns and instructions and lavishly illustrated with color photos, Sue’s book also contains a chapter dedicated to her vision, her process, and some of her go-to embroidery stitches to help you think out of the box.
- After you have read this book, you will never look at color nor fabric the same way!
- Sue has accumulated a myriad of objects over the years, mostly inherited from her grandmother, who collected them during her grand tour of the world in 1920. Books on art and décor, sources of inspiration for Sue, abound, along with a wealth of quilts and quilt tops arrayed here and there on a sofa corner, a table, or a chair.
- Sue likes elegance in everything, whether simple or sophisticated, color above all and the refinement of a design that will guide her inspiration while she is making her quilts.
- Softcover, 200 pages.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.